Teaching English in Japan
- Japanese Train Route Finder By Jorudan Co.,Ltd. - Great website for planning your travels in Japan.
- Randy Johnson's Japan Page - Lots of destination information, a sushi guide, maps and interesting links. Includes the award-winning Favorite Getaways in Rural Japan page.
- JNTO Website > Database Search - JNTO search engine for festivals and events throughout Japan. First of all, choose the area at the top - so you could narrow it down if you wanted to: Area: Kanto, Prefecture: Tokyo. Then select the month on the left hand side and click Search - it'll list all the things that are on in April - click on each one for individual dates and details!
- Metropolis - Tokyo Eating Out: Don't eat the scenery - Tokyo theme restaurants.
- Metropolis - Tokyo feature stories: I have a theme... - Tokyo theme bars.
- SFUK Guide to training in Worldwide - SFUK Guide to Mixed Martial Arts Training in Japan. Mostly focussed on Tokyo, but contacts for other locations too.
- quirky japan homepage - A wealth of funny and unusual information about Japan - unusual places, TV, food, music and lots, lots more. Highly recommended!
- japan-guide.com - Japan Travel and Living Guide - Everything about modern and traditional Japan with emphasis on travel and living related information. Also recommend the Japan Travel Guide section on this web site which offers a clickable map of the whole country, as an invaluable tool for finding out details about the regions, cities and attractions!
- Jidokudani Yaenkoen - Official web site dedicated to the Monkey Park at Jidokudani Onsen (hot springs) near Yudanaka, in Nagano, Japan. Check out the webcam (English) / webcam (Japanese) to see the little monkeys bathing in their onsen (hot springs)!
- iTOWNPAGE-English - Japan telephone directory IN ENGLISH!
- Japan Weather Association (JWA) - Great site for weather forecasts for all the regions of Japan.
- Japanzine (Japan-zine.com) - Japanzine is a monthly English magazine, distributed across Japan, with regional editions for Tokyo/Kanto, Osaka/Kansai, and Nagoya/Chubu areas.
- The Japan Zone - Everything you want to know about Japan (almost).
- TokyoQ - All about life in Tokyo - lots of great articles, reviews, links etc.
- A Tribute To Japanese TV - Features some very memorable Japanese TV shows from days gone by.
- DVD Savant Region 2 Neophyte - Glenn Erickson (DVD Savant) names his favorite DVDs of 2001 - includes lots of Japanese films.
- Stomp Tokyo Video Reviews - Bad movies, b-movies, cult film, and more! - B-movies, Godzilla, and bad movie reviews. The best resource for cult and pyschotronic film madness!
- Japanese Heroes - Japanese site dedicated to Japanese heroes from TV and film.
Guide To Japan - A superb site giving information on all aspects of Japan.
- InterTran (tm) - Wonderful online translation tool that lets you translate words between many different languages (729 language pairs), browse web pages, translating them into another language on-the-fly. One of the languages it supports is Japanese, so you can, for example, translate English words <-> Japanese words, or browse Japanese web pages in another language, e.g. English, Welsh, French. Naturally the translation isn't perfect, but it's usually enough to give you the general idea.
- Jim Breen's WWWJDIC Server - A wonderful online utility which will give rough translations of Japanese text into English! It also has a utility whereby you give it the URL of a Japanese web page, and it will translate all the Japanese words on the page into English! I cannot recommend this utility highly enough!
(Mirror site in USA)
- NTV - The Japanese TV company which made Monkey.
Large language schools
Smaller language schools
- Dave's ESL Cafe: Japan - Discussions about teaching English in Japan, including:
- GaijinPot.com: Jobs in Japan: Japan's #1 Jobs Site for Foreigners - THE best website you could hope to find for English Teaching jobs. They post literally scores of jobs every day.
- Aeon Teachers Lounge - Messageboard for AEON teachers, people preparing for AEON interviews, etc.
- Let's Japan.org :: The site devoted to debunking eikaiwa - All about teaching English at conversation schools in Japan.
- ELT News: English Teaching in Japan - Great resource for all options for teaching English in Japan.
- ESL Cafe's Job Information Journal Japan - Endless reviews of English teaching options in Japan!
- ELT News Message Board - Discuss English language teaching in Japan here!
- ELT News: A Guide to the JET Program - A basic overview of the JET application process, from someone who's been through it.
- The JET Program : New Arrivals / The JET Program: Veterans - ELTNews message board topics all about JET.
- The Teaching in Japan Page Discussion Forum - As the name says.
- Berlitz - The best language school to work for in Japan, apparently.
- Jobs in Japan - Page of links about jobs in Japan.
- SFUK Guide : Japan - Wonderful tips about applying for JET and also information about various teaching agencies, including some in Tokyo that have daytime hours!
- Neo-Geo Forums: Hey tsukaesugi!!! - Contains some interesting tips about teaching in Japan.
- EyesOnJapan.com | McEnglish for the Masses - Interesting article about the big language schools' recruitment machines.
- ELT News: Teaching English in Japan - Guides - One teacher's perspective on teaching English in Japan.
- Teaching English in Japan - Everything you need to know if you're considering doing this.
- The Teaching in Japan Page - Great collection of links!
- GaijinPot Forums: Jobs and life in Japan - Confused About Conversation Schools - Interesting discussion giving clarification about conversation schools.
- Teaching English in Japan by Kenji Kitao and S. Kathleen Kitao - A FAQ page about teaching English in Japan.
- ELT News: Teaching English in Japan - Guide to Teaching in Japan - Very useful information!
- Peter Payne Homepage: So, you wanna teach English in Japan?? - Information and recommendations from someone who's done it.
- Japan Association For The Promotion Of Foreign Language Education - Information about recommended English language schools in Japan - English page has HUGE list of schools in Japan.
- Teaching English in Japan - Wonderful collection of links and information for people thinking of teaching English in Japan.
- Live, Learn, and Teach English in Japan - Great information on how to go about it.
- Teaching English in Japan Guide Resources for ELT, EFL, ESL in Japan - The name says it all.
- English Teachers in Japan: Empowering Learners and Teachers - ETJ is a free association for English teachers in Japan that encourages the exchange of information and teaching ideas.
- Teaching English in Japan: A Guide to Getting a Job - Everything you need to know.
- The Working Holiday Programmes in Japan - Working holiday visas etc.
- ELT News: Teaching English in Japan - Jobs - Current job vacancy adverts.
- The Japan Association for Language Teaching - a nonprofit organisation dedicated to the improvement of language teaching and learning both within Japan and internationally
- JALT: LINKS TO TEACHING INFORMATION AND MATERIALS - Life-saving English teaching resources for teachers in Japan - seriously!
- ALT Online - source for information about being an Assistant Language Teacher on the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program.
- Jobs in Nippon - great selection of links.
- English Schools in Japan - great selection of links.
Back to the Monkey Links page